Friday, October 1, 2010

"Cream of" something that actually tastes good!

I have recently given up the can and it feels (and tastes) so good! It's another format recipe you need!

Start with milk; evap, boxed, fresh. MILK. Add the flavors you want and need; bullion, base, broth, spices FLAVOR. Then a thickener; roux, cornstarch. THICKENER.

Here's an example of what I did last night. I was making Tator Tot Casserole - yummy, by the way. I took 1 can of evap milk, added 1% mlk, just under a measured out can (I keep a few TBSP out to mix with cornstarch). I added beef base to taste along with a little dried sage, parsley and garlic powder. I then added the milk/cornstarch until it was the consistancy that I wanted. It was SO GOOD! So smooth and creamy and nothing mysterious!

SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE!!! Try it and let me know what recipes you use it with how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment